A property and a car are two of the most major investments that you will make. They are the obvious signs of our hard work. They provide ultimate convenience and improves our way of living. However, no matter how we work hard, we cannot easily afford both at the same time. So if you have enough savings and thinking of where to spend it, here are the pros and cons of buying a car or a property to help you make a wise investment decision.
Benefits of having a car
- You have the freedom to travel conveniently wherever you want. You don’t have to go through all the hassle and stress of commuting. Your car can get you to places wherever and whenever you want.
- Owning a car can also help you save time and money. You don’t have to wait for public transportation to go to one place. You also don’t need to pay fare every time you changes location.
- During rainy season, you can conveniently drive to wherever you want. You also have extra protection during unpleasant weather condition because of the shelter it provides.
Disadvantages of having a car
- Cars are high maintenance and expensive. You need to make sure that they are well-maintained and are fine-tuned occasionally. You need to be responsible for the registration cost, insurance, servicing, gas, and other unexpected expenses.
- You can be stuck in traffic with your car. Unlike commuting where you can just leave the public vehicle and walk, you can’t do that with your car. You have to drive through the traffic and after that find the best parking for your car.
- Car depreciates eventually. There are constant new cars that are being released in the market. So sooner or later the cost of your car will not be the same with the amount you bought it the first time.
Benefits of having a house and lot property
- You have your own house that you can go home to anytime you want. You have shelter to protect you during the night and unpleasant weather condition.
- Price of properties doesn’t depreciate. In fact, they increase in value as time passes by. So you may earn more if you decide to sell it.
- It is a long term investment that you can give to your future children. You get your money’s worth as you get to enjoy it for the rest of your life.
Disadvantages of having a house and lot
- Amortization fees are a bit expensive and aside from that there are other expenses that you need to pay like homeowner’s fee, electric bill, water bill, etc.
- Maintenance of your property is costly. You need to make sure that everything is working fine in every corner of your home. You need to be ready in case there is an unexpected repair and replacement.
- Buying a home is a long time commitment. Paying off your monthly amortization can take you a lifetime.
Depending on your situation and needs, these pros and cons will help you to figure out the best investment that you need to make. But if you think that buying a house and lot is the best investment, there are a lot of affordable rent to own properties in Pampanga, Tarlac, Mexico, Subic, Zambales, Bataan, and many more areas that you can check.
As a trusted licensed real estate broker, I help homeowners find the best home investment. I have quality and complete property listings to help them find the best home that will suit their needs and budget. Aside from that, I also educate them on what they need to do and I walk them through the whole process.
If you are thinking of buying a home and looking for someone to help you, you can contact me on 0918-963-6760.
You can even book a FREE site tripping for your desired property.
BOOK NOW AND GET YOUR DREAM HOME TODAY!